“If you are making Falafel, Tahini Sauce is a must!” – April Ferre
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Clove Garlic Grated
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley Minced
- 3/4 Teaspoon Sugar Or to Taste, Add if sauce is too bitter
- 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil Add to sauce to mellow if it’s too sharp
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well to combine.
- Turmeric Tahini: Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, and 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Green Tahini: In a food processor, add 3/4 cup chopped cilantro, 3/4 cup chopped parsley, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil to 1 recipe basic tahini sauce and pulse to combine.
- Beet Tahini: In a food processor, add 1 small beet (peeled and roasted), 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon coriander to 1 recipe basic tahini sauce and puree until smooth. Add additional water as needed.
2021 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Love and Lemons