“Too many taco seasonings have MSG, by making your own seasoning, you can eliminate the MSG without having to read all the labels.” – Calla Ferre
“For ground beef tacos, I generally prefer our other Taco recipe; however, for a more classic flavor it is nice to have this spice blend available. I do make a couple changes. I halve both the salt and the cumin and add 1 teaspoon Paprika for color.” – April Ferre
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Dried Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Oregano
- Makes 2 Tablespoons; enough to season 1 Pound Ground Beef.
- Add 1/4 Cup Water to ground beef along with the seasoning. May add Paprika for an orange coloring.
2010 Recipe – Calla Ferre – From the San Jose Mercury News