“I was drawn to this recipe due to its similarity to Kung Pao Chicken, which I really like in the Chinese restaurants.” – Calla Ferre
- 1/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Dry White Wine
- 2 Whole Chicken Breasts Cut In 1-Inch Strips
- 1 Egg White Lightly Beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Oil
- 1 To 3 Teaspoons Crushed Dried Pepper
- 1 Cup Dry Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions Sliced
- In small bowl, stir together corn syrup, soy sauce and wine; set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together egg white and cornstarch until well blended. Add chicken; toss to coat evenly.
- In large skillet or wok, heat corn oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper; stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until chicken turns white.
- Stir in peanuts and corn syrup mixture. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute. Garnish with green onions. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe – Calla Ferre – From the Santa Cruz Sentinel