“This recipe is fun because you can use all the different jams and jellies floating around your fridge.” – April Ferre
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Cup Fruit Jam
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Mix well with a wire whisk, set aside.
- In medium bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat on medium speed until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until thoroughly combined. Dough will be firm.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into 1-inch diameter balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets 1-inch apart. With the small end of a melon baller, scoop out the center of each dough ball. Do not scoop all the way through the cookie.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of jam in the center of each dough ball. Place scooped out dough center back into the mixer bowl to use to form more cookies. Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown. Transfer to a cool, flat surface.
1995 Recipe – April Ferre – From Mrs. Field’s Cookie Book