“This recipe is fun because you can use all the different jams and jellies floating around your fridge.” – April Ferre
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Cup Fruit Jam
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Mix well with a wire whisk, set aside.
- In medium bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat on medium speed until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until thoroughly combined. Dough will be firm.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into 1-inch diameter balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets 1-inch apart. With the small end of a melon baller, scoop out the center of each dough ball. Do not scoop all the way through the cookie.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of jam in the center of each dough ball. Place scooped out dough center back into the mixer bowl to use to form more cookies. Bake 22-24 minutes or until light golden brown. Transfer to a cool, flat surface.
1995 Recipe – April Ferre – From Mrs. Field’s Cookie Book