“I found this freebie recipe in the produce section of Albertsons. It was good, except the original chocolate filling didn’t have a very great texture, so I have replaced it with the Shadowbrook Mousse au Chocolate recipe.” – April Ferre
Strawberry Almond Chocolate Tart
- 1 9- Inch Pie Pastry Baked In Tart Pan
- 1/2 Recipe Shadowbrook’s Mousse Au Chocolate
- 1/3 Cup Strawberry Jam
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Sliced Almonds Toasted
- Mint Leaves For Garnish
- Sweetened Whipped Cream Optional
- Spread jam in pie pastry, then spread chocolate mousse over jam. Chill until ready to serve.
- Arrange strawberries over chocolate, sprinkle with almonds and garnish with mint leaves. Serve with sweetened whipped cream if desired. Makes 8 servings.
2003 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – From The Fresh Recipe Collection, Vol 6, Albertsons, 2003