“This comes from my Chile Verde Taco recipe, but is equally good on its own as a full fledged salad.” – April Ferre
Spicy Pineapple Slaw
- 1 Cup Purple Cabbage Shredded
- 2 Cups Green Cabbage Shredded
- 1 Carrot Cut into Matchsticks
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Cut into Thin Strips
- 1 to 2 Jalapeno Peppers Seeded & Chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple Diced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- Sugar To Taste
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Combine cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, jalapeno, pineapple and cilantro into a medium bowl.
- Prepare dressing by combining lemon juice, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over slaw. Dressing may be scaled up to taste.