“Another great recipe from Cooking for Compliments. Nice moist cupcakes and truly the ‘Easiest Chocolate Frosting.'” – Calla Ferre
Sour Cream Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Ounces Baking Chocolate Melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour Sifted
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl. Blend in melted chocolate. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat well after each addition, then beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Spoon into cupcake paper-lined muffin pans. Fill cups 1/2 full. Bake about 20 minutes at 375 degrees or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and frost with "Easiest Chocolate Frosting". Makes 30 cupcakes.
Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Knudsen’s Cooking for Compliments, 1977