“A nice alternative to a red Enchilada sauce. Also try substituting Slow Cooker Chile Verde for chicken. This can be put together casserole-style for quicker assembly.” – April Ferre
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine or Butter
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Ripe Olives
- 1 10.75-Ounce Can Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Dairy Sour Cream
- 1 4 1/2-Ounce Can Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 1/2 Cup Chicken Cooked & Cubed or Shredded (See Below)
- 1 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 10 Corn Tortillas Heated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Preferred Chicken Cooking Method:
- Use a meat mallet to pound a large chicken breast to 1/2-inch thick.
- Brush chicken with oil and season generously with Southwest Seasoning.
- Grill on an indoor grill. Let rest 5 minutes and then chop into small cubes.
- Melt margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until onion is tender. When onions are almost done, add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- While onions are cooking, in a medium bowl combine half of the olives, the soup, half of the sour cream, and the green chilies. Mix well.
- When onions and garlic are done, add sour cream mixture and stir to combine.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture and set aside for the sauce.
- Stir chicken and 1/2 cup cheese into remaining filling.
- In small bowl, combine reserved 3/4 cup sour cream mixture and add remaining sour cream and milk. Blend well.
- Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each warm tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese and olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese melted.
2003 Recipe – April Ferre – From Pillsbury Complete Cookbook, 2000