“As a fan of chewy cookies, I was glad to find this recipe for Snickerdoodles.” – April Ferre
- 1/2 Cup Margarine Soft
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Plus 6 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Cream together margarine and sugar; add egg and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Form dough into balls the size of walnuts. Make a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Roll balls in mixture.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
1996 Recipe – April Ferre