“Another classic cookie recipe, and one of my son, Tom’s favorites.” – Calla Ferre
“My brother, Tom, would always beat my Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Giant Cookie class in the Santa Cruz County Fair with this recipe.” – April Ferre
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Margarine Or Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 4 Eggs
- 5 1/2 All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Cream Of Tartar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix 3 cups sugar, margarine, shortening and eggs. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls.
- Mix 6 tablespoons sugar and 4 teaspoons cinnamon. Roll balls in mixture to coat.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Immediately remove to wire racks. Makes 6 dozen cookies. Recipe may be halved.
1995 Recipe – Thomas Ferre – From Gold Metal Century of Success Cookbook , 1979