“Green beans with a little Asian flare. I like to use half white and half black sesame seeds for a nice presentation.” – April Ferre
Sesame Ginger Green Beans
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil Divided
- 3 Shallots Chopped
- 1 1/2 Pound Green Beans
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds Toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil and sauté shallots until golden brown. Set aside.
- Toss green beans with 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil, sesame oil, ginger, and salt. Spread on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 20 to 25 minutes until tender.
- Remove from oven and toss green beans with shallots and sesame seeds.
2020 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Country Living