“Marinating meat means extra added character to your meal. I found that this marinade worked well on chicken and helps to keep it moist. The closest I’ve come to this is the marinated meat from the Freedom Meat Market.” – Calla Ferre
Savory Wine Marinade for Chicken
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Or Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Snipped Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Tabasco
- Combine all ingredients. Place chicken or fish in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl or in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade mixture over meat. Close bag or cover dish; refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight. (I prefer overnight – better flavor, two days okay.) Turn the bag or spoon marinade over the meat occasionally to coat evenly. Makes about 1 1/2 cups (enough for 3 pounds of meat).
- Note: This recipe was originally made for the barbecue.
Directions for chicken baked indoors:
- Prepare marinade as above. Place the marinated chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch pan. Pour marinade over, spooning some of the chopped onions so that they rest on the top of the chicken pieces. Cover and bake at 450 degrees (500 degrees if chicken is still partially frozen.
- In a pinch I have placed frozen chicken breasts in marinade the night before use, though defrosting first comes out slightly better). Bake until done, about one hour. Then uncover and place under broiler until browned nicely.
2003 Revised Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Better Homes and Gardens All Time Favorite Recipes, 1979