“This is such a beautiful side dish and especially nice for a holiday table. The original recipe calls for butternut squash, but this would be equally good with sweet potatoes.” – April Ferre
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash
Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- 3 Cups Brussels Sprouts Ends Trimmed
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt To Taste
Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash:
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 Cups Butternut Squash Cut into 1-inch Cubes
- 1 Cup Pecan Halves Toasted
- – Or 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds Toasted
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup Optional
- Toast pecans or pumpkin seeds in a 350 degree oven. Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Slice Brussels sprouts in half. In a medium bowl, toss with olive oil and salt. Place sprouts, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Toss with butternut squash in a medium bowl. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Alternatively, substitute sweet potatoes for butternut squash.
- Roast Brussels sprouts and butternut squash in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until tender. Toss butternut squash half way through cooking time.
- In a large bowl combine pecans or pumpkin seeds, Brussels sprouts, butternut squash and cranberries and toss to combine. Optional, add extra maple syrup to the desired sweetness.