“I often like to add black beans to my tacos or enchiladas. While they are fine plain, having them seasoned makes for a much better meal. The quick version uses items in stock at all times in my kitchen, but depending on what you have in stock, you can add all or some of the enhanced recipe ingredients. ” – April Ferre
Quick Seasoned Black Beans
- 1 15-Ounce Can Black Beans Undrained
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Oregano
- Add all ingredients to saucepan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.
- Enhanced version: If you want to put in a little more effort, first sauté 1/2 chopped onion and 1/2 to 1 finely chopped Jalapeno pepper in saucepan until soft. Then add spices and sauté until fragrant. Add black beans and simmer. Finish with 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and 1 Tablespoon lime juice.
- Recipe may be multiplied as needed.
2019 Adapted recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from www.geniuskitchen.com