“These are your typical spiced cookie and are particularly strong of clove. What is special about these cookies is the light, spongy cake-like texture.” – April Ferre
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Persimmon Pulp
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts Or Raisins
- Cream sugar and shortening. Add egg, beat well. Stir in persimmon pulp.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Add gradually to persimmon mixture. Stir in nuts or raisins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Makes 2 to 3 dozen.
Recipe – Helen Ferre