“Bridget brought me this recipe for my cookbook of a Peach-Apricot Cornbread that she made with the Apricot Syrup I had given her. It had been a stand out summer for peaches, and she came up with this cornbread coffee cake for something quick and satisfying to have on weekend mornings. You can substitute maple syrup if you don’t have apricot and it still tastes fantastic!” – April Ferre
Peach-Apricot Cornbread Coffee Cake
- 1 Recipe or 1 Box Mix Cornbread
- – Or 1 Box Vanilla or Yellow Cake Mix
- Sliced Fresh Peaches
- Apricot Syrup Or Substitute Maple Syrup
- Prepare cornbread, either from scratch or for a quick fix use a box mix, and pour into pan.
- Top with sliced peaches and then brush with apricot syrup to glaze.
- Bake according to corn bread instructions. Serve warm.
Traditional Coffee Cake Variation:
- Line bottom of 9×13-inch baking dish with sliced peaches. Drizzle and brush apricot syrup over peaches.
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions and pour over peaches.
- Bake according to directions on box. Serve Warm.
2012 Original Recipe – Bridget McLaughlin