“These are fantastic! Sweet and Tangy! A nice substitute for the traditional marshmallow or streusel topped sweet potatoes at the holidays.” – April Ferre
Orange Sweet Potatoes
- 6 Medium Sweet Potatoes Or Yams Cooked
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Orange Rind Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Or Margarine Melted
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/2 inch rounds. If your sweet potatoes are large, halve or quarter the rounds. Parboil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in a baking dish and pour sauce over them. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover, bake 15 minutes longer. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe – Helen Ferre