“I would love to find a really exceptional Alfredo recipe, and to be honest, I’m still looking, but this recipe is still very good and quite satisfying. What I like most about this recipe though is that unlike most Alfredo sauces, this one does not separate when reheated, making leftovers possible. A very important consideration for a single person.” – April Ferre
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 8 Ounces Fettuccine Cooked & Drained
For Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
For Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1/4 Cup Butter or Olive Oil
- 2 to 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp Peeled & Deveined
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- In a saucepan, combine heavy cream, butter, and cream cheese. Simmer until melted together.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss pasta with sauce, coating well. Leftovers freeze well.
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
- In a small bowl, combine basil, oregano, salt, brown sugar, cumin, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pound chicken breasts to approximately 1/2-inch thickness. Generously rub seasoning mixture all over.
- Heat grill or grill pan to high and brush with oil. Grill chicken 5 to 7 minutes on the first side until dark grill marks form. Flip and cook an additional 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve on top of fettuccine.
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- In a large Dutch oven or fry pan, heat butter or olive oil over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add minced garlic and saute 1 minute until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and cook until just cooked through.
- Remove shrimp to a bowl and drizzle with the juice of 1 lemon.
- Serve on top of fettuccine, tossing with pasta to coat if desired.
2018 Adapted Recipe, Variations Added 2021 – April Ferre – Adapted from Recipe Lion & Gimme Delicious