“I found this while researching falafel recipes. Very tasty!” – April Ferre
Mozzarella & Feta Grilled Cheese Pita
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Heaping Cups Spinach
- 4 Pita Pockets
- 1/4 to 1/3 Cup Basil Pesto
- 3 Ounces Feta
- 1/3 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes Packed in Oil Chopped
- 8 Slices Fresh Mozzarella
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté spinach, tossing until wilted. Transfer to a plate.
- Warm pita pockets in the microwave until soft and pliable. Open the pita pockets and spread with pesto. Top with feta, chopped sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Add sliced mozzarella on top.
- Grill pita in a contact grill or panini press for 4 minutes or until mozzarella is melted and pita develops nice char marks. Serve hot.
2021 Recipe – April Ferre – From the Mediterranean Dish