“Nice, quick tasty weekday meal.” – April Ferre
Moo Goo Gai Pan
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoons Sherry
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Large Chicken Breast Thinly Sliced
- 4 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 24 Snow Peas
- 8 Ounces Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Stalks Celery Sliced
- 1 8-Ounce Can Water Chestnuts Sliced
- 1 Large Carrot Thinly Sliced
- 1 to 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 4 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Scallion Sliced
- Combine egg white, cornstarch, sherry, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine sliced chicken and egg white mixture, and mix well. Set aside.
- String snow peas. In a large bowl, combine snow peas, mushrooms, celery, water chestnuts and carrot.
- In a wok or large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoon oil and add 1 teaspoon salt. Sauté vegetables for 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in same pan. Stir fry garlic for 30 seconds and then add chicken meat, cook for 1 minute over high heat. Add soy sauce and sugar. Mix well.
- Add cooked vegetables and sliced scallion and mix for 1 more minute. Remove to heated plate.