“I love salmon and this recipe gives it a nice, mild Asian flare.” – April Ferre
- 14 Ounces Salmon Fillet Cut in Two Pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Miso See Note
- 1 Tablespoon Sake
- 1 Tablespoon Mirin
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Seed For Garnish
- 1 Green Onion Sliced, For Garnish
- Combine miso, sake, mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl and mix well until combined.
- Place salmon and marinade in a bowl or flat tray and coat salmon with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning fillets after 30 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade and let excess marinade drip off.
- Cook according to preferred method below.
- Serve salmon topped with toasted sesame seed and green onion.
- To Grill (Preferred): Preheat grill to medium high. Grill salmon for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- To Bake: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Bake salmon for 5 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness. You do not need to flip the fish.
- To Broil: Preheat broiler for 5 minutes at medium temperature (500 degrees) and set rack 6 inches from the broiler element. Broil for 10 to 12 minutes until the surface of the fish is blistered and brown. No need to flip the fish.
Use either white miso or awase miso (half red and half white). I like awase miso.
2021 Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Just One Cookbook