“The original name from Let’s Dish Recipes was ‘Copycat Restaurant Style Mexican Rice’. It was a bit spicier than the standard restaurant rice that I am use to, but now after a couple of adjustments, it is just right. Feel free to spice it back up a bit if you’d like though with a bit of cayenne pepper.” – April Ferre
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Uncooked White Rice
- 4 to 5 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro Chopped
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until just golden. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and cook a few minutes more.
- Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in chicken broth and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Caution: rice is very hot, addition of chicken broth will react violently.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with fork and stir in cilantro.