“It’s not Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie. This recipe has always turned out excellent.” – Calla Ferre
“Use extra bits of pie crust and small cookie cutters to make turkey or leaf-shaped cinnamon and sugar decorations for on top of the pie.” – April Ferre
Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie
- 1 9-Inch Deep-Dish Pie Crust Unbaked
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 Cups (15-Ounce Can) Libby's Solid Pack Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 Cups (12-Ounce Can) Carnation Evaporated Milk
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 40 to 50 minutes more until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 3 hours. Serve immediately or chill. Makes 8 servings.
- For 2 shallow 9 inch pies: Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 20 to 30 minutes more or until pie tests done.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – From Libby’s Solid Pack Pumpkin Can