“It’s not Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie. This recipe has always turned out excellent.” – Calla Ferre
“Use extra bits of pie crust and small cookie cutters to make turkey or leaf-shaped cinnamon and sugar decorations for on top of the pie.” – April Ferre
Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie
- 1 9 Inch Deep-Dish Pie Crust Unbaked
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 Cups 15 Oz Can Libby’s Solid Pack Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 Cups 12 Oz Can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 40-50 minutes more until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 3 hours. Serve immediately or chill. Makes 8 servings.
- For 2 shallow 9 inch pies: Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 20 to 30 minutes more or until pie tests done.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – From Libby’s Solid Pack Pumpkin Can