“I had a nice crop of limes this year, so I went looking for interesting recipes to use them in and came across this. It would also be really great with Meyer lemons.” – April Ferre
Lemon or Lime Fudge
- 3 1/2 Cups (About 24 Ounces) White Chocolate Chips
- 1 14- Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon or Lime Zest
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
- Line an 8×8-inch metal baking dish with foil; set aside.
- In a large, microwavable bowl, combine white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Mix to combine.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between, until the chocolate is just melted.
- Note: white chocolate won't melt like regular milk or semi sweet chocolate, it will be more paste-like and very thick. Heat the chocolate until you cannot see any defined chips and mixture is mostly homogeneous. Be careful not to overcook!
- Add lemon or lime zest and juice and mix until smooth. You should now have a spreadable consistency.
- Pour the fudge into the lined 8×8-inch pan and spread with a rubber spatula.
- Let cool until completely set, then remove from the pan and cut into squares.
2023 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Chopnotch