“We have a Meyer lemon bush at home that produces bushels of lemons every year, so I am always looking for ways to use them. When it’s so hot that not even lemonade will do the trick, this certainly will!” – April Ferre
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Peel Grated
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice & Pulp
- Place 8×8-inch metal baking pan in freezer to chill. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine all ingredients; blend well. Pour mixture into chilled pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
- When ice crystals begin to form at edges of pan, stir mixture. Return to freezer; freeze about 2 hours or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve in individual dessert dishes.
- For a smoother, sherbet/sorbet texture, after frozen, process in a blender on high speed. Freeze again. Stir once more before serving.
2003 Recipe – April Ferre – From Pillsbury Complete Cookbook, 2000