“The Gluten Free version of this recipe is excellent. These have a wonderful light cake like texture which is hard to find in gluten free baked goods. I can only imagine how good they would be made with regular wheat flour! Everyone at my house enjoyed these, even the ones that can eat gluten.” – Calla Ferre
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8- (for more cake-like brownies) or 9×9-inch (for more dense brownies) square pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving extra for "handles."
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and stir by hand until smooth (about 30 seconds). Spread batter in pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Lift out of pan and spread glaze over warm brownies.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon zest. Gradually add lemon juice, stirring until glaze is spreadable.
- Substitute general purpose gluten-free flour mix and add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum.
2020 Recipe – Calla Ferre – From www.jennycancook.com