“I revised this recipe just a bit and added stove top instructions to give it a bit more color and flavor. (I also added some onion). And also because everyone’s microwave is different and so it is hard to control the cooking process. I’m not a big fan of caraway seeds, so you can also just season with salt and pepper to taste if you’d like.” – April Ferre
- 2 Potatoes Diced
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Pound Kielbasa Sliced Into 1/2-Inch Pieces
- 4 Large Carrots Sliced
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Head Red Or Green Cabbage Sliced
- 1 10 3/4- Ounce Can Condensed Cream Of Celery Soup Reconstituted
- 3/4 Teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- In 3 quart microwave safe casserole with lid, combine potatoes with water. Microwave on high, covered, 3 minutes until just tender.
- Add kielbasa, cabbage, carrots, onion, soup, and caraway seeds. Microwave on high, covered, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once until vegetables are tender. Let stand, covered 3 minutes, before serving. Makes 4 servings.
Stove Top Instructions:
- Boil diced potatoes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Slice kielbasa and brown in a small amount of olive oil in a Dutch oven. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add onion and carrot and sauté until onions are translucent and carrots are tender. When onion and carrot are almost done, add cabbage and sauté until just tender.
- Add cream of celery soup, potatoes, kielbasa and caraway seeds. Stir to combine and cook over low heat until heated through.
1997 Recipe – Debbie Cameron