“I had a craving for Kentucky Fried Chicken one night. I bought the meal deal and it lasted the week. My craving for the cole slaw lasted a bit longer. The internet is a wonderful thing. I found the recipe online and saved a few bucks making by it myself.” – April Ferre
KFC Cole Slaw
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Head Cabbage Finely Chopped
- 2 Carrots Grated
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Minced
- Combine first 8 ingredients; beat well. Mix in finely chopped cabbage, carrots, and onion.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours (best if sets overnight). Makes 10 to 12 servings.
2007 Recipe – April Ferre