“I love beef jerky, but every time I go into the store and think I might buy some, I look at the price per pound and put it back on the shelf. So I was excited to get my food dehydrator and make my own! I went to Costco and got myself a two large eye of round roasts and tried out 5 different marinades, including first and foremost, this teriyaki recipe.” – April Ferre
Jerky – Teriyaki
- 1 Pound Eye of Round Roast or other Lean Beef
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ginger
- 1 to 2 Teaspoons Liquid Smoke Optional
- 1/4 Teaspoon Curing Salt Optional
- Trim all visible fat from beef and place in a freezer for 1 hour to partially freeze.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Slice beef into 1/4-inch thick strips with the grain for a chewier jerky or against the grain for a more tender jerky.
- Combine beef strips and marinade in a Ziploc bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours.
- After marinating, remove beef from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Dry beef in a food dehydrator at 165 degrees for 4 to 6 hours. Jerky is done when beef bends and cracks, but does not break in half.
2020 Recipe – April Ferre – From Jerkyholic