“Another classic jerky recipe. I prefer hickory liquid smoke.” – April Ferre
Jerky – Smoky Maple
- 2 Pounds Beef Eye of Round Roast
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Curing Salt Optional
- Trim all visible fat from beef and place in a freezer for 1 hour to partially freeze.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Slice beef into 1/4 inch thick strips with the grain for a chewier jerky or against the grain for a more tender jerky.
- Combine beef strips and marinade in a ziploc bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours.
- After marinating, remove beef from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Dry beef in a food dehydrator at 165 degrees for 4 to 6 hours. Jerky is done when beef bends and cracks, but does not break in half.
2020 Recipe – April Ferre – From Cosori