“We tried this for the holidays one year. It was good, but couldn’t compare to the Citrus Celebration Punch. This would be good substituting Strawberry Jello for Cherry and adding in frozen strawberries.” – Calla Ferre
Icy Holiday Punch
- 1 6-Ounce Package Cherry Gelatin
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 46-Ounce Can Pineapple Juice
- 6 Cups Cold Water
- 2 Liters Ginger Ale Chilled
- In a 4-quart freezer-proof container, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in pineapple juice and cold water. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. Place in a punch bowl; stir in ginger ale just before serving. Makes 32 to 36 servings.
2001 Recipe – Jean Hansen – From Taste of Home Magazine