“Cake and hot fudge all in one with this recipe, because it does end up having a bit of cake-like texture to it.” – Calla Ferre
Hot Fudge Pudding
- 1 Cup Flour Sifted
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening Melted
- 1 Cup Nuts Chopped
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1 3/4 Cup Water Hot
- In bowl, sift together first 5 ingredients. Stir in milk and shortening. Blend in chopped nuts.
- Spread into a 9×9 inch pan. Sprinkle with mixture of brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Pour water over the entire batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- During baking, the cake mixture rises to the top and chocolate sauce settles to bottom. Invert squares of pudding on dessert plates. Dip sauce from pan over each. Alternatively, the entire pudding can be inverted on to a deep serving patter. Serve warm with or without whipped cream.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – From Better Crocker’s Picture Cookbook, 1956