“A quick option for broiling fish.” – April Ferre
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Softened
- Herbs See Options Below
- 1 Tablespoon Snipped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Pounds 1-Inch Salmon Halibut Or Sea Bass Steak
- – 1 Tablespoon Fresh or 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil Lemon Basil, Savory, or Dill
- – 1 Teaspoon Fresh or 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Tarragon
- Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, still together butter, herbs, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Place the fish on the greased, unheated rack of a broiler pan. Lightly brush fish with some of the butter mixture. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Using a wide spatula, carefully turn fish over. Lightly brush with more of the butter mixture. Broil for 3 to 7 more minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Makes 4 servings.
2003 Recipe – April Ferre – From the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, 1996