“A variation of Chicken Kamaʻāina which is breaded and baked as opposed to broiled.” – April Ferre
“Have napkins ready with this one. It can get a little messy, but it’s finger lickin’ good!” – Calla Ferre
- 1 Chicken Cut Into Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Bisquick
- 1 20-Ounce Can Chunk Pineapple Reserve Juice
- 1/2 to 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Catsup
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dry Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Shake chicken pieces in bisquick. Shake off excess. Brown.
- Place in 9×13-inch baking pan and pour sauce made of 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice and remaining ingredients (excluding Pineapple Chunks) over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover for last 10 minutes and baste.
- Add pineapple chucks before you take chicken out of the oven, but allowing enough time for pineapple to be heated through.
1964 Recipe – Jean Hansen