“A little different variation on green beans and a great use of fresh thyme from the garden.” – April Ferre
Green Beans with Orange & Thyme
- 2 Pounds Green Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt Divided
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Orange Juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 teaspoon salt. Add green beans and cook until just tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add green beans, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, thyme, garlic and half of the orange zest.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until garlic is just golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in orange juice and cook until just evaporated. Garnish with the remaining orange zest.