“For many years the UC Davis University Chorus had an alumni weekend where we brought back former singers to perform a concert. It was a long weekend, and on Saturday Buckhorn Grill catered our lunch. They make the most amazing barbecued tri tip, but they also have a really nice green apple cole slaw to go with it.” – April Ferre
Green Apple Cole Slaw
- 1 Medium (About 12 Cups) Cabbage Cored & Finely Shredded
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups Matchstick Carrots
- 2 Granny Smith Apples Julienned (Do Not Peel)
- 1 Cup Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- 1 Bunch (About 1 Cup) Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley Optional
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients and toss together.
- In a medium bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Whisk until well blended and then pour over salad. Toss salad to combine until dressing is evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving, mixing again at least once.
2023 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Wolfgang Puck on the Food Network