“Here’s a little something different to do with your carrots. The mint may not be to everyone’s taste, but I find it a refreshing change.” – April Ferre
- 7 To 8 Large Carrots Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Mint Or 2 Teaspoons Dried Mint Flakes
- Cook carrots in boiling water until tender. Drain well; set aside.
- Melt butter in medium skillet. Add sugar and honey; blend. Add carrots; cook 3-4 minutes over low heat, stirring so that all the carrots are glazed.
- Sprinkle with mint; toss. Substitute fresh parsley for mint if desired. Makes 4-6 servings.
2012 Recipe – April Ferre – From the Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking, 1980