“I had a good ginger cookie in the past that I really enjoyed. This is my version of that cookie. The candied ginger gives the cookie a good zing! If you are new to candied ginger, make sure you get candied ginger, not ginger candy. They are very different and not interchangeable. I find Trader Joe’s to be a good source for reasonably priced candied ginger.” – Calla Ferre
Ginger Zingers (Gluten-Free)
- 3/4 Cup Butter Melted & Cooled
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Cup Candied Ginger Coarsely Chopped, See Note
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugars until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth and slightly thickened.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and ginger. Fold almond mixture into butter mixture until just combined. Fold in candied ginger.
- For cookies that hold better shape when baked, chill dough for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough on prepared baking sheets. Bake until edges are golden and center is just set, about 10 to 12 minutes.