“Can be served with breakfast, but are also good at dinnertime with steak or other meats.” (Magazine Clipping)
Fried Corn Cakes With Green Onion
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Vinegar
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn Kernels Thawed
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Blend flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper in large bowl. Add milk, egg, and vinegar to bowl and whisk to combine. Mix in corn and green onions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Cook cakes until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet. Place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as needed. Serve cakes hot. Makes about 10.
Recipe – Jean Hansen