“This is really best served over whole fish with a generous portion of rice. A similar recipe is Sauce for Fish.” – April Ferre
Fish With Tart Thai Sauce
- 1/2 Carrot Peeled And Grated
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Or Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Cilantro Minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro Sprigs Divided – For Steamed Fish
- 1 1/3 Pound Rockfish Fillets
- Combine all ingredients except fish and cilantro sprigs. Set aside.
- To steam: place the fish on a rack or in a bamboo steamer; lay cilantro sprigs on top of fish. Put over boiling water, cover and steam 12 minutes per inch thickness. Alternatively, fish may be fried.
- Spoon sauce over the fish and serve with rice.
2003 Recipe – April Ferre – Seattle Times as posted by Mike Key