“Steve and I went out to dinner for our Anniversary at a little restaurant across from the First Congregational Church of Soquel. We had prawns wrapped in bacon in a wonderful sauce. This recipe came from a Nob Hill flyer and was very similar to the sauce we had that night. It’s the kind of sauce that you want to lick the plate clean. You can serve it just over the noodles too, but with the prawns, it makes it extra special. I was very please to find the recipe for this sauce.” – Calla Ferre
“This is also quite similar to Shrimp in Tomato Cream Sauce.” – April Ferre
Fettuccine in Fresh Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic Finely Minced
- 1 Cup Tomato Diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper Finely Diced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Basil Crushed
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Flour
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese Grated
- A Pinch or Two Nutmeg
- 4 Cups Fettuccine Noodles Cooked
- In nonstick fry pan, melt butter with garlic over medium-low heat. Add tomato and red bell pepper; let simmer for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle basil over the top while it is simmering. Add milk, reserving 1 tablespoon. Mix reserved milk with flour and add to tomato mixture. Keep stirring while it simmers another 2 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and nutmeg on top; stir. Serve over fettuccine noodles.
Recipe – Calla Ferre – From a Nob Hill Advertisement