“This is a fun salad with a clear and a creamy layer. For those that don’t like an overly sweet dessert, this fits the bill. The original recipe calls for ground cranberries, but I think using our Cranberry-Orange Relish recipe would make this even better.” – April Ferre
Festive Cranberry Salad
- 2 Envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Water Boiling
- 1 Cup Ginger Ale Chilled
- 1 1/2 Cups Cranberries Ground
- 3 Envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water Boiling
- 1/3 Cup Hiram Walker Cranberry Cordial Or Other Cranberry Liqueur
- 3 Cups Sour Cream
- 2 1/2 Cups Lemon Or Orange Sherbet Softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Walnuts Coarsely Chopped
- In medium bowl, mix gelatin with sugar; add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in ginger ale and cranberries. Turn into 10-inch fluted tube pan or 12-cup mold; chill until almost set.
- Substitution: use 1 16-ounce can whole cranberry sauce and 1/2 cup sugar or 1 1/2 cups Cranberry-Orange Relish instead of 3/4 cup sugar and ground cranberries.
- In large bowl, mix gelatin and sugar; add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- With wire whip or rotary beater, blend cranberry cordial, sour cream and sherbet. Let stand until mixture is slightly thickened, about 1 minute; fold in walnuts.
- Spoon onto almost set cranberry layer; chill until firm. Garnish with frosted cranberries. Makes 16 servings.
Recipe – Calla Ferre