“Once when I was sick, my karate friend, Angela, brought me some food. She’s a fantastic cook. There was pork tenderloin, broccoli, and this amazing risotto. I believe this is the recipe she said she used.” – April Ferre
Creamy Valencia Risotto
- 14 1/2 Ounces Chicken Broth
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Butter Divided
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1 Cup Valencia Rice
- 1/3 Cup Dry White Wine Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Bring chicken broth and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and sauté until tender. Add rice, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed. Increase heat to medium-high. Add 1 cup hot broth mixture and cook, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed. Repeat until all broth is used.
- Add remaining butter, whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
2016 Recipe – April Ferre – From Mahatma Rice Company