“This makes a dense, but moist coffee cake. It’s great with fresh blueberries.” – April Ferre
Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 1/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 8- Ounce Package Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- Approximately 1 Cup Fruit Of Your Choice Optional
- Cream 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese, and sugar together in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix about a third of the dry ingredients at a time into the moist batter, blending well after each addition. Pour batter into a greased, 8 inch square pan or a round layer cake pan.
- In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup flour, and brown sugar together with hands or a pastry blender until coarse and crumbly. Sprinkle topping mixture over batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 9 servings.
- Revised recipe: Add fresh berries or another fruit of your choice to batter.
This makes a lot of batter. Recipe calls for an 8-inch square pan, but you could also put this into a 9×13-inch baking pan for a thinner coffee cake. Make sure to adjust topping proportions and baking time accordingly.
2009 Recipe – April Ferre – From Jackson Hole Cooks! 2008 (Teton Tree House B&B)