“I’ve always loved wild rice, but for some reason had been a little intimidated to make it. Which of course was silly, because it really isn’t that hard and lends itself to lots of creative variations.” – April Ferre
Cranberry-Walnut Wild Rice
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Wild Rice Medley Rinsed
- 1/4 Cup Meyer Lemon Juice
- 8 Ounces Fresh Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Red Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts Toasted & Chopped
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Lemon Thyme Finely Minced
- Bring chicken stock and wild rice to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook about 40 minutes, until the stock is absorbed.
- Add lemon juice, stir to fluff, then cover and set aside. Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms, red onion and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Remove from heat; add lemon thyme and season with salt and pepper. Add sautéed vegetables, cranberries, and walnuts to rice and stir to combine.
This is a large recipe, but it can easily be halved.