“The shredded apple keeps these muffins nice and moist and the cranberry-orange filling gives them a nice little zing!” – April Ferre
- 1/2 Cup Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grated Orange Zest
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Shredded Tart Apple
- In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and orange zest; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Make a well in the center of each muffin; fill with about 2 teaspoons of reserved cranberry mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.