“When I think of this cake, I think light and fluffy. It is not a heavy dessert at all.” – Calla Ferre
Coffee Toffee Torte
- 1 Small Package Chocolate Pudding
- 1 To 1 1/2 Tablespoons Instant Coffee
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream Whipped
- 1 10- Inch Tube Angel Cake
- 2 3/4 Ounce Chocolate Coated English Toffee Bars Chilled And Crushed*
- *Substitute: 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds with almost 1/4 Cup brown sugar – over low heat stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Place on wax paper to cool.
- In saucepan, mix pudding (prepared according to package directions except using only 1 1/3 cup milk) and instant coffee. Chill. Beat smooth; fold in half of the whipped cream.
- Split cake into three layers. Spread half of the pudding-cream mixture between the layers.
- For the frosting, fold the remaining whipped cream into the remaining pudding mixture and use to frost top and sides of cake.
- Sprinkle frosted cake with crushed toffee bars. Chill until time to serve. Makes 12 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – Winner of a Better Homes and Gardens Magazine Contest