“I was volunteering with the Santa Cruz County Fair Home Arts Committee during my senior year of high school. We all brought in a lot of good food that year to share, but this recipe from Vaudine was at the top of our lists. This is the actual recipe from See’s, which she got from the friend of a family member who worked at See’s Candies. It’s another favorite of friends and coworkers during the holidays. This recipe is almost fool-proof, but you absolutely must use an aluminum pan, no other type of pan will work.” – April Ferre
“Extremely easy and tastes much like Heath Toffee Bars. I make this up when I’m craving something sweet.” – Calla Ferre
- 2 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Pound (2 Cups) Butter Not Margarine
- 1 Package (12 Ounces) Milk Chocolate Chips
- Sliced Almonds Toasted & Chopped
- Combine butter and sugar in aluminum pan over medium-high heat. Cook until of desired color.
- Pour into buttered (do not use Pam) cookie sheet. When starts to harden, but is still hot, sprinkle milk chocolate chips on top. As chocolate chips melt, spread with spatula. Sprinkle top with chopped nuts.
- When cooled and hardened, break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
2000 Recipe – Vaudine Thayer