“Tapioca pudding seems to not have the best reputation, so I always stuck to chocolate. But after years of enjoying Boba milk teas, I decided to try this coconut-flavored, Thai-inspired version. I don’t know about other tapioca puddings, but this one is so rich, creamy and luxurious. You won’t be disappointed.” – April Ferre
Coconut Tapioca Pudding
- 1/3 Cup Small Pearl Tapioca
- 1 13.5- Ounce Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Whole Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1/3 Cup Palm Sugar (or Granulated Sugar)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Fresh Fruit (Mango, Lychee, Pineapple, etc)
- Place tapioca and coconut milk and whole milk in a medium saucepan and let soak for 1 hour.
- Add sugar and salt and heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 15 minutes or until tapioca becomes transparent and the mixture had thickened. Stir frequently to that pudding does not stick to the bottom and burn. Remove from heat.
- When pudding is still warm, but no longer hot, stir in vanilla. Pour into cups or small bowls and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 3 hours.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit. Tapioca is best the same day it is made, but will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator. Makes 4 to 5 servings.
2022 Recipe – April Ferre – From Pretty Simple Sweet