“These are your classic macaroons. Though technically a cookie, they make a nice addition to my annual holiday candy-making bonanza, especially when dipped in chocolate!” – April Ferre
- 1 14-Ounce Bag Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 1 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Dipping Chocolate Optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into coconut mixture.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, form heaping tablespoons of coconut mixture into mounds on the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes until the tops and edges are golden. Let cool on the sheets for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Finish by dipping bottoms of macaroons in chocolate if desired.